Monday, May 6, 2013

Treasures

treasures1
I hit up the local “Trash and Treasure” a couple of weeks ago and I was lucky enough to find myself many treasures! There were a couple I missed out on because I wasn’t quick enough but all in all I definitely came out a winner! I found this cute little jug for only $3! We also found a nice glass coffee plunger for a steal.
treasures2
My favourite are my new vintage sewing scissors for $8. I love them. They’re beautiful and they actually work too. I also picked up this cute little thimble for my Nanna because she collects them and I thought this one was a bit special. But maybe it’s just because I love ducks so much. Speaking of which we also picked up this one for only $5! Yeah!
treasures4
treasures3
This beautiful nest was found in our garden after a very blustery day. Don’t worry, there were no eggs!
Today I’m linking up with: Sunday Showcase Party, Knick of Time, Cozy Little House, Lolly Jane, Coastal Charm, Ginger Snap Crafts, the DIY Dreamer, Savvy Southern Style & Green Willow Pond.

13 comments:

  1. Great find. love going treasure hunting. A great day out.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great finds lovely. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..I'm really loving that little nest!!!! That definitely is a treasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful treasures and look at that perfect nest!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. When I showed my mum she thought it was a fake! Haha

      Delete
  5. Lovely finds. Seeing Norfolk Broads on the thimble brought back a childhood memory of a holiday there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh I love having those! So glad I got to give you one Jeanette! :D happy remembering!

      Delete
  6. Fun finds. I love finding old scissors. There is just something about them that takes me back in the day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz they're definitely my fav! It's not often something so handy can be left around the house and still look lovely!

      Delete
  7. Old scissors make such interesting displays whether hanging in a frame or displayed in a bucket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, did you have fun or what!! Sweet finds that made you smile. Like you, I gravitate to sewing scissors, also. Don't know what it is about them but the shape gets me every time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's going to be ending of mine day, except before finish I am reading this wonderful article to improve my experience.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage - e-cigz

    ReplyDelete

I love you for commenting!