Monday, September 27, 2010

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!

Recently I was nominated by Jane over at I’m Downtown to play along with a little game. In which one tells 6 untruths, and 1 truth about themselves and you as my wonderful readers get to guess which is my 1 truth. Here we go:
1.  Recently on a journey to Richmond, I spied the headless ghost of Groover the Flagellator on the oldest bridge in Australia. (You can see his tale here. If you have been following for a while, you’ll know the answer to this one).
Picture 484blogrichmond
2.  When I was a kid a boy followed me home from school and set alight a tree opposite my house because I told him to leave me alone. At this time I was in the backyard playing when my dog started going a little crazy. Of course I said “What’s up Lassie!?” I proceeded to follow my dog to the source of his concern and put out the blaze as the little arsonist fled the scene.
3.  A few years ago my family adopted a cat from a shelter. It was an all black cat and was normal in every respect other than its behaviour and its eyes. The black pupils in cats eyes are supposed to be vertical but instead were horizontal, making our cat look evil. I don’t know if it was treated badly and as such killed another cat in the neighbourhood and attacked the members of my family every chance it got or if it was just born evil. Now I often contemplate whether it is through conditioning or our soul that we become who we are.
4.  Yesterday on one of my daily walks I saw a Kookaburra, no he was not sitting in an old gum tree, and nor was he laughing. He was situated on top of the wires from a utility pole. I starred at him for quite a while (even living in Australia it is rare to see a Kookaburra out in the open like this, particularly in the suburbs) and as I was watching him he was electrocuted, and lay tangled in the wires.
5.  When I was a baby I looked like a pig. My nose was a snout and my ears were too big. My mother would poke at the hole at the back of my head where my brain was exposed. I didn’t know it then but never again would we capture those wonderful days.
Piggycomp
6.  7 years ago today, I received a telephone call alerting me to the fact that I had just won The Flinders Medal from the Australian Academy of Science for my work in marine biology and my study on cellular mutation that occurs between certain species of fish and mermaids.
7.   The main reason I have never travelled or left the Australian shores on business is because the Taxation Office of Australia has ordered me not to leave the country on grounds of millions of dollars worth of unpaid taxes. Unfortunately I do not have the funds to escape my suspense.
Now, it’s your turn to play. Comment on this post and tell me what you think is my 1 truth. :D
Happy Playing

22 comments:

  1. Hiya Kirsty Girl! Thanks for the compliments on my drab to fab post ~ What a cute post and I'm terrible at this kind of thing but I might make my readers do it.... muaaaahahhahaha - I'm so bad.

    Anyways, Happy Day! - The Lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what a kookaburra is, but I hope you didn't really see one electrocuted. Thanks for the visit today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! That's great. The Kookaburra song is the first song I learned in English! :D

    I think your 1 truth is the bridge! I hope it wasn't the Kookaburra getting fried!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking #5 is true. Not that I think you look like a pig or anything...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kirsty, I would say no 2 is true, I can just imagine someone setting a tree on fire because you are not interested in him. I do not believe in ghosts, and you certainly do not look like a pig....

    Hope you are doing fine, I am one of your followers who is also now entering summer, I also live in the southern hemisphere.

    Have a lovely day.

    Colin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kirsty! Thanks for your visit and comment - have agreat week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No 2 is my choice of truth :) I just called by to thankyou for visiting and commenting on 'News From Italy. It is much appreciated and hope to see you there again. Good to meet you I will have a browse now I am here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are sooooo sweet!
    Have a happy Wednesday, Kirsty xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kirsty,
    I would say that #2 sounds to be most true. YOu are quite the story teller, though.
    Thanks so much for coming over and visiting my blog yesterday, be sure to come back again.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote 3. Cats are just evil. Period. Well, at least most of them are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! I am going to guess the piglet since the photo is there! What a darling game! I'm so happy you stopped by Little Blue Deer so I could find you, I am honored to be your first follower! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kirsty! Thanks for hanging out on my blog today for a few minutes and reading my mushy stuff. Always love a new reader! Come back anytime.

    xox
    DI

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kirsty. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm gonna guess #2 as your choice of truth. They all sound so believeable. You came up with some good lies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please tell me it wasn't the kookaburra getting zapped ;)
    Maybe #1 - true?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmm...I am stumped. I think you would have been sadder (than the post reflected) if a kookaburra was electrocuted. #2...is crazy but that's my guess.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kirsty, thanks for your visit and kind note about my Fall mantel. You are a great story teller ... I'm going with no. 2! Take care, *Becca*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kirsty. Thanks for visiting my panic post! I am guessing your truth is the cat story...but gosh I just can't tell! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kirsty...thank you for stopping over!! I think the piggy story is true...not that you actually look like a pig!!!
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am going to guess #2 is true!
    Thanks for visiting my blog...glad you liked the little chipmunk....adorable, no?

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooh, i loved trying to figure out which was true. i think that's much harder than picking 6 truths and 1 untruth, yeesh. i love the word kookaburra, so it made me happy to see it in your post!

    thanks so much for stopping by the cape on the corner, and for your comment on my thrifty candlestick finds! i truly appreciate it!

    www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you have a very creative mind! lol I have no idea which one to pick. I hope you plan on telling us eventually! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't had this much fun reading a blog post in a long while. Something tells me you could have easily written 100 strange scenarios.

    I'm going to guess that whichever one you believe to be the truth (at any given moment) is indeed, the truth.

    So glad you dropped by, it's nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

I love you for commenting!