Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Octopus Tree

Okay so today I really want to show you a couple of photos that Andi took when on our walk along Mt. Wellington. You can see my other posts too, A Walk on Mt. Wellington and Destination: Mt. Wellington. You can also view Andi’s blog here at Shameless Self-Promotion or see his magnificent Flickr stream here. Sorry about all those links, but links are our Bloggy FRIENDS!

Andi-Mountain-blog1
I LOVE this shot, it’s so dark and eerie. Beautiful. But really what I wanted to show was a photo of The Octopus Tree! There is a tree, situated on top of an enormous rock, with huge limbs that reach down to the ground. Many of them, hence the Octopus. If anyone has any understanding of how a tree could begin to grow on this huge rock, please comment and let me know. Because I would sure like to know too!

Andi-Octopus-Blog

Linking up with Chic on a Shoestring and 504 Main, LambAround and Serenity Now

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! Love the tree...very cool looking!
    I'm a new follower from blogfrog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that's amazing! Great photos, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first shot is amazing!!! Looks like something out of a storybook. :) Thanks for linking up with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, spooky! I love the name of this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love weird nature stuff! This is right up there! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kirsty
    You are right I haven't ever seen anything like this lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the octopus tree! So fun, nature is so fascinating!!

    ReplyDelete

I love you for commenting!