Thursday, July 15, 2010

Joyeux Quatorze Juillet!



Bonjour! ... I know I'm a day late... buut Happy Bastille Day or rather La FĂȘte Nationale!

As you have probably already gathered, I am not French, nor do I know anybody French. But ever since Andi sent me a postcard from Paris it's held a special romantic place in my heart. Awww...


This is one of the hundred or so photos taken in Paris by Andi. Isn't it pretty?  Ohkay, so now that Andi is back from traveling the world, I can pretend imagine that his adventures were this romantic lovely time for me, hanging out in his golden pocket-watch. But truth be told... man it sucked! Everyday was just me trying to occupy myself so I could forget that he was on the other side of the world... it never worked. But, lets get back to pretending now, I like it better that way.


So I've decided to share some of my more Frenchy things with you. This is my beautiful postcard, which of course I had to frame. It actually came in the mail the day after he got back, so it took over 2 weeks to arrive! Phwaar

And that is one of my most favoured books, Villette by Charlotte Brontë . The story is set in France and there is much in the book written in French too, which has not been translated. I think it's cute but very annoying because I can't read what it says! I do love it the most purely because of how beautiful it looks. It's the oldest book in my collection, published in 1890, so it's not sooo old...


I love that the pages are practically falling apart at the edges and how when you close the book the pages don't a-line perfectly with each other like in new books.

This is another of the photos that Andi took in Paris. I really love the look of this one. The colouring is all camera by the way, the photos have not been touched up.

Joyeux Quatorze Juillet!

11 comments:

  1. Very nice - are you watching the Tour de France as well?? Great way to visit vicariously.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go to France some day! My girlfriend takes her HS students regularly and I want to jump in her suitcase {especially since I don't speak the language}
    Glad Andi has returned : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is super cute! thanks for stopping by mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we're watching le tour as i type this. and i'm sipping on coffee made in my french press. hah

    that's a nice old book! i recently acquired an old copy (2nd ed) of jane eyre. i really love books.

    p.s. je ne suis pas "un giant"! ;)

    ~ana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos and how cool is that book!

    Cheers :-)
    - CoconutPalmDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toured through France many years ago and can't wait to return one day. Nice photos....brought back good memories! Enjoyed stopping in at your blog....found you at the tea party. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Frenchy things! I haven't been to France either but hope to one day.... My Mr is a big fan of Le Tour, and I watch it for the scenery and architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by. Maybe some day I will make it to Paris, too. [sigh]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a sucker for old books, so I'm slightly in love right now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love older books! The way they look and feel, all tattered.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE Paris! I need to go back asap. I have been looking for plane tickets for the fall.

    ReplyDelete

I love you for commenting!