Thursday, July 1, 2010

Photographs of a Home

Hello!
Thank you all for your lovely comments on my last post! I really appreciate all of the feedback I have received about my Crayfish Creek painting.

I am in the process of watermarking all of my photos and entries at the moment, trying to make them as discreet as possible. I hate seeing a beautiful picture only to find that it has a big hideous watermark on it ruining the whole thing. All of my pieces and blog are already copyrighted I just haven't gone to the trouble of showing that yet. However, since I'm trying to get into this whole blogging thing I figured it was a necessity! Of course feel free to ask if you would like to use or borrow any images or posts from me, I like sharing I just don't like stealing.

Today I thought I would share with you a couple of pictures I took (yes, you got it, on another walk).


I wish I had better been able to capture the zigs and zags that the branches of this tree took but I'm still pretty happy with the colours in this photo.

This is a picture of a house I walk by most everyday. I am pretty in love with this place. Most of the houses around where I live look very new but this one has a taste of the old to it... which I love.


Aside from the house I just love how sunny this photo looks. A few times I have noticed that inside there is a big painting, fairly similar to the Crayfish Creek oil I have just completed. I adore beachiness to an old-style home like this! And the upper windows... oooh I love those windows! hehe

12 comments:

  1. Kirsty,
    You are absolutly right to mark and copyright your work. I do the same as I think it is important. I really like the tree in the first photo and your painting is wonderful.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is nice to meet you.
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really pretty photos. Good job on getting good ones. That is a pretty house.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific photos. I love having a camera with me, and try to remember to carry it with me always. You just never know when you will have a great opportunity to take a great picture.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAH That is my uncle and aunt and cousins' house! <3 Parents and 4 children (3 girls, 1 boy) and a dog and a cat live there.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment! I'm glad I discovered your blog, your pictures are absolutely gorgeous!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great dormers on that house. Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's awesome that there is so much beauty all around us. By taking these pictures you reminded me to open my eyes more today and notice some of it around me! Nice job (I love Coca Cola...oh, boy how do I love it!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so adoring white houses! Hope you're week is great so far, Kirsty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kirsty
    Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a nice comment!
    I enjoyed seeing your photos from your walk and your painting in the prio post is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... you are a seriously talented photogtapher. I really enjoyed these photos. Also, thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciated your nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos! Thanks for the Happy 4th too! It's like 90 degrees where I live in the US so I am sorry you're freezing! I know, I know, 6 months from now you'll be telling me how nice it is where you live, ha! I am now following you so I can come back and see more great photos.

    Hugs,
    Jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that last photo Kirsty!! I love these stylish houses top :-) You have a great eye!
    BTW I love your Crayfish Creek painting :-) Can't wait to see it when I finally get down there!

    ReplyDelete

I love you for commenting!